WHY EXISTS MOLD AND MILDEW IN MY KIDS BATH PLAYTHINGS?
Mold expands on bath toys because they are kept in wet atmospheres. Water plus a resource of carbon– like bathroom soap– equates to mold.
Additionally, bathroom playthings often have small openings that make them fun for youngsters to spray water but make them virtually impossible to get every one of the water out.
Unless you thoroughly completely dry every bath toy after each of your child’s bathrooms the playthings will ultimately grow mold. Otherwise, you will need an expert on Mold Removal San Gabriel like 770 Water Damage & Restoration.
HOW DANGEROUS ARE MOLD AND MILDEW?
Mold is most damaging if it is ingested. If you believe your youngster might have swallowed some bath water that had mold in it, unwind, it was more than likely insufficient to make him or her sick.
If the mold does affect the kid, you will probably see throwing up, looseness of the bowels, or an upset stomach.
Mold and mildew become a more significant worry if your kid has a mold and mildew allergy or an endangered immune system. You’ll recognize if your youngster is sensitive if you see a rash or signs and symptoms such as coughing as well as scratchy eyes. If your kid has a response to mold and mildew it’s best to make an appointment with your doctor asap ahead up with an effective therapy plan.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FIND MOLD AND MILDEW
As parents of small children understand, if they can grab it, it will wind up in their mouths. That is why when you see mold and mildew on a toy it’s best to throw it away. Ingesting a small amount of mold is not a major concern, but you don’t want your children constantly chewing on moldy toys.
If the toy is expensive, or special to your child, you can clean it with a mixture of bleach and water. Put the toy in a mixture of 3/4 of a cup of bleach and one gallon of water overnight and then let it air dry. If you don’t see or smell any mold on the toy it’s safe to go back in the bath, but keep an eye out for any mold regrowth.
TIPS FOR NEW TOYS
The best bath toys are those that do not have holes that water can get into, but not get back out. Some “rubber ducky” type toys don’t have the squirty hole, and those can be a good option as well.
Look for toys made of solid plastic or ones that can be opened up to fully dry.
All toys should be fully dried after each bath to avoid mold growth. Shake them off well and set them on the side of the tub to dry overnight before you put them away in a cabinet or back in a bin.